- B: ...Well, naming fictional characters is really hard. It took a lot of work when I was writing my screenplay.
- Me: What. You wrote a screen play?
- B: I never finished it.
- Me: Why haven't you told me about this before? It should've come up sometime over the 5 plus years of our relationship.
- B: You've never asked if I have an unfinished screenplay.
- B: C just told me she is going to a friend's wedding where the bride and groom are dressing as Paul Bunyan and Babe.
- Me: What.
- B: The bride is going as an ox.
- Me: Still confused.
From a really good vacation. We saw REAL New York and TOURIST New York. I didn’t even ever really get stressed about crowds…V did a good job teaching us the subway system, and I only felt like I was gonna hurl on a train once. It was genuinely a good time so, naturally, the not-entirely-positive parts are what stand out the most.
#1 disappointment: Apparently people in New York are also under the mistaken impression that Toby Keith’s song “Red Solo Cup” is anything other than terrible.
Also, there was the rainy day where we took a boat ride and became racist and almost capsized. That was the only day that I was curled in the fetal position in the hotel room for a majority of the daylight hours. I call that a success.
B got a respiratory infection or something toward the end, and his obsession with Vaporub resurfaced. I can deal with a sick B. A sick B who applies Vaporub in a dark movie theater with V, while giggling about it is a harder pill to swallow.
I’m soooo glad we went for it, and took over a week off work. Our Okie town seems like a peaceful oasis now, and I don’t hate absolutely everything at work with the same fiery passion as I did a couple weeks ago.
After Obama made his statement on ABC today, I checked Fox News’ Facebook page. The simultaneous hilarity and shame I experienced did not disappoint.
It’s basically a complicated mixture of this: